Church Deacons serve the congregation and the community through compassion, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ. They serve on teams:
- Food Pantry & Emergency Care: Manages the church food pantry, food collection and delivery to church and community members who are in need.
- Homeless Solutions: Coordinates and provides meals once a month on the fourth Sunday of the month to Homeless Solutions residents. Also oversees church donations of food and supplies to Homeless Solutions.
- Receptions/Repasts - Coordinates recognition and receptions for new members, confirmands, repasts, and other special occasions and events in the life of the church.
- Meals & Transportation - Responsible for arranging meals for church members and families in time of crisis and for coordinating transportation for church members.
- Special Friends/Visits - Coordinates shut-in care, nursing home visits, and hospital visits when needed. Sends cards to members on special occasions and to those in need.
- Central Purchasing – Inventory purchasing and management for paper products used for church events.
2016 Board of Deacons
Congregational Services: Janet Burnett, Nancy Hosler & Kathy Loveland
Outreach: Christine Antico, Sue Hartmann, Ruth Peterson & Marie Ringstad
Pastoral Care: Ellen Bloemeke, Danielle Dannacher, Linda Gorman & Jean Sedilo
The office of deacon as set forth in Scripture is one of compassion, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ. Persons of spiritual character, honest repute, of exemplary lives, brotherly and sisterly love, sincere compassion, and sound judgment should be chosen for this office.
It is the duty of deacons, first of all, to minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith.-Book of Order, Section G-6.04